Operation Downfall Planning Battle Map
Operation Downfall was expected operation for the invasion of mainland Japan. Downfall had two phases, Olympic and Coronet. Operation Olympic would start on 1 November 1945 with the US Sixth Army consisting of 14 divisions landing on the southernmost island of mainland Japan, Kyushu. Operation Coronet was planned for 1 March 1946, with 20 divisions (note on this map 25 has been scratched out for 20) from the First, Eighth, and Tenth Armies landing near Tokyo.
This high level map shows the routes each operation takes to Japan and the size of each Army. Olympic originates in the Philippines while Coronet originates in Hawaii.
Result: Never executed
Created/Published: Unknown, most likely 1945
Dimensions (Width x Height, inches): 15.5x11
Our printing is archive-quality.
Each map is printed using the finest materials and methods. Your map will be handled with white gloves from start to finish. We use the Giclee printing method on the finest paper, which produces a clear, extremely detailed, durable map that is perfect to be proudly displayed in your home or office.
About our framing:
- Non-glare acrylic to reduce reflection
- Dry mount to ensure your map is smooth and without wrinkles
- 1.5 inch, 4-ply white mat to accentuate your map
- Black, light walnut, and natural frame color options to match any room
- Wire mounting
- Please note that we cannot refund or return custom framed maps. We can replace a damaged frame. If your frame is damaged, please use the Contact Us or email email@example.com
Digital watermark does not appear on your purchased map