Peleliu Landing Beaches and Front Lines Battle Map
The Battle of Peleliu was fought from 15 September to 27 November 1944 on the island of Peleliu in the Palau island chain, east of the Philippines. Peleliu saw some of the hardest fighting in the entire Pacific Campaign, but very little is known about the battle because very few reporters were present at the battle. It was expected to be over in a few days but instead spanned 2.5 months. Roughly 50,000 US Marines and soldiers fought to take the island, with about 20% eventually becoming casualties.
This map shows the landing beaches as well as the progression of the battle as US units moved north through the island.
Result: American Victory
Dimensions (Inches, Width x Height): 20x2x26.2
Our printing is archive-quality.
Each map is printed using the finest materials and methods. Your map will be handled with white gloves from start to finish. We use the Giclee printing method on the finest paper, which produces a clear, extremely detailed, durable map that is perfect to be proudly displayed in your home or office.
About our framing:
- Non-glare acrylic to reduce reflection
- Dry mount to ensure your map is smooth and without wrinkles
- 1.5 inch, 4-ply white mat to accentuate your map
- Black, light walnut, and natural frame color options to match any room
- Wire mounting
- Please note that we cannot refund or return custom framed maps. We can replace a damaged frame. If your frame is damaged, please use the Contact Us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital watermark does not appear on your purchased map