Victory in Europe Day Final Division Locations Battle Map
Victory in Europe Day, 8 May 1945, celebrates the unconditional surrender of Germany, ending the war in Europe. Millions took to the streets to celebrate across the world from Paris to London to New York City. However, when hostilities ended at 11:01pm, it was already 9 May in Eastern Europe. Russia recognizes 9 May as "Victory Day."
This map shows the locations of units on the Western Front on 6 May, one day before the first surrender (7 May in Reims France by General Jodl) and two days before the official surrender (8 May in Berlin by Keitel, von Friedeburg, and Stumpff). On the left side is the Allied Expeditionary Force's Order of Battle with every division commanding officer listed.
Result: Allied Victory
Dimensions (Width x Height): 25.6x14.5
Our printing is archive-quality.
Each map is printed using the finest materials and methods. Your map will be handled with white gloves from start to finish. We use the Giclee printing method on the finest paper, which produces a clear, extremely detailed, durable map that is perfect to be proudly displayed in your home or office.
About our framing:
- Non-glare acrylic to reduce reflection
- Dry mount to ensure your map is smooth and without wrinkles
- 1.5 inch, 4-ply white mat to accentuate your map
- Black, light walnut, and natural frame color options to match any room
- Wire mounting
- Please note that we cannot refund or return custom framed maps. We can replace a damaged frame. If your frame is damaged, please use the Contact Us or email email@example.com
Digital watermark does not appear on your purchased map