Midway Naval and Air Battle Map
The Battle of Midway was fought from 4-7 June 1942, with the bulk of the significant combat coming on 4 and 5 June. The Americans scored a stunning victory by sinking 4 Japanese aircraft carriers while losing only the Yorktown. The American victory at Midway, paired with the victory at Guadalcanal, in effect stopped Japanese offensive operations and put them on the defensive for the rest of the war.
This map covers movements from 3-6 June and shows all major events over the course of the battle. This map was too big for most large scanners and had to be scanned in two pieces and then digitally stitched back together.
Result: American Victory
Dimensions (Inches, Width x Height): 36x20.5
Our printing is archive-quality.
Each map is printed using the finest materials and methods. Your map will be handled with white gloves from start to finish. We use the Giclee printing method on the finest paper, which produces a clear, extremely detailed, durable map that is perfect to be proudly displayed in your home or office.
About our framing:
- Non-glare acrylic to reduce reflection
- Dry mount to ensure your map is smooth and without wrinkles
- 1.5 inch, 4-ply white mat to accentuate your map
- Black, light walnut, and natural frame color options to match any room
- Wire mounting
- Please note that we cannot refund or return custom framed maps. We can replace a damaged frame. If your frame is damaged, please use the Contact Us or email email@example.com
Digital watermark does not appear on your purchased map