Operation Barbarossa Start of Invasion Battle Map
Operation Barbarossa was the German invasion of the Soviet Union from 22 June 1941 until the Germans were stopped at the gates of Moscow on 5 December 1941. The Germans unleashed the blitzkrieg in the largest land invasion in the history of warfare on the Soviets and advanced towards Leningrad, Moscow, and through Ukraine with Army Groups North, Center, and South. The Germans racked up many tactical victories but ultimately were stopped short of Moscow as winter set in.
This captured German map shows the Eastern Front the day after the invasion on 23 June 1941 with all of the divisions across the front shown. Note the headquarters of Army Group North (Nord), Center (Mitte), and South (Sud) with their lanes of advance into the Soviet Union.
Result: German Strategic Failure
Dimensions (Width x Height): 22x43.6
Please note framing is unavailable on this print due to it's disproportionate shape.
Our printing is archive-quality.
Each map is printed using the finest materials and methods. Your map will be handled with white gloves from start to finish. We use the Giclee printing method on the finest paper, which produces a clear, extremely detailed, durable map that is perfect to be proudly displayed in your home or office.
About our framing:
- Non-glare acrylic to reduce reflection
- Dry mount to ensure your map is smooth and without wrinkles
- 1.5 inch, 4-ply white mat to accentuate your map
- Black, light walnut, and natural frame color options to match any room
- Wire mounting
- Please note that we cannot refund or return custom framed maps. We can replace a damaged frame. If your frame is damaged, please use the Contact Us or email email@example.com
Digital watermark does not appear on your purchased map