Iwo Jima Battle Map With Detailed Descriptions and Order of Battle
Highly detailed map of the Battle of Iwo Jima showing what beaches and in what order down to the company level where each unit hit the beach at. Also included are almost daily descriptions of the battle and causality counts. This map not only shows great visuals of how the battle progressed, it also has a ton of very interesting information. The base map comes from 1954 data with the comments and descriptions/research added in the mid to late 1980's. This is the most comprehensive map with battle information you will find on Iwo Jima.
The Battle of Iwo Jima was fought from 19 February to 26 March 1945 in the Volcano Islands (more broadly the Bonin Islands), about 750 miles (1,200 kilometers) south of Tokyo. The battle was fought entirely by the US Marines and Navy. Iwo Jima has the distinction of causing more casualties for the Americans than the Japanese. Iwo Jima has been immortalized as Joe Rosenthal took one of the most famous pictures in the history of the world, "Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima."
Result: American Victory
Created/Published: Late 1980's
Dimensions (Inches, Width x Height): 22x26.7
Our printing is archive-quality.
Each map is printed using the finest materials and methods. Your map will be handled with white gloves from start to finish. We use the Giclee printing method on the finest paper, which produces a clear, extremely detailed, durable map that is perfect to be proudly displayed in your home or office.
About our framing:
- Non-glare acrylic to reduce reflection
- Dry mount to ensure your map is smooth and without wrinkles
- 1.5 inch, 4-ply white mat to accentuate your map
- Black, walnut brown, and natural frame color options to match any room
- Wire mounting
- Please note that we cannot refund or return custom framed maps. We can replace a damaged frame. If your frame is damaged, please use the Contact Us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital watermark does not appear on your purchased map