Ardennes Counteroffensive (Battle of the Bulge) First Day Front Lines Battle Map
The Ardennes Counteroffensive, also known as The Battle of the Bulge, was fought December 1944 to January 1945. It was the last offensive of the Germans in the West and their last attempt to stave off defeat. The goal of the offensive was to drive to the Meuse River and eventually onto Antwerp. With that the Allies would be split with the British to the north and the Americans to the south. The thinking went the Allies would be more likely to agree to end hostilities in the West, allowing the Germans to focus completely on the Soviets in the East. The Germans had initial success, but were eventually stopped and pushed back to the original lines by the end of January, 1945.
This map shows the front lines on 16 December 1944 when the Germans unleashed "Operation Watch on the Rhine." This is the left most map on the product Ardennes Counteroffensive #1 progression map.
Result: Allied Victory
Dimensions (Width x Height, inches): 20.1x18
Our printing is archive-quality.
Each map is printed using the finest materials and methods. Your map will be handled with white gloves from start to finish. We use the Giclee printing method on the finest paper, which produces a clear, extremely detailed, durable map that is perfect to be proudly displayed in your home or office.
About our framing:
- Non-glare acrylic to reduce reflection
- Dry mount to ensure your map is smooth and without wrinkles
- 1.5 inch, 4-ply white mat to accentuate your map
- Black, light walnut, and natural frame color options to match any room
- Wire mounting
- Please note that we cannot refund or return custom framed maps. We can replace a damaged frame. If your frame is damaged, please use the Contact Us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital watermark does not appear on your purchased map